WUHS Counseling Team

Our mission is to provide educational, personal, and career guidance for all students.  We strive to meet the needs of all of our students. Wheatland High counselors focus on fostering a sense of social and academic empowerment, career development awareness, and responsible decision-making in our students. We look forward to working with you!

WUHS Counseling Office: (530) 633-3100




Counseling FAQ's

How can I make an appointment with my counselor?
To make an appointment with your counselor regarding anything, please see Ms. Piazza in the Counseling & Media Center. She can set an appointment for you. Parents can make an appointment with Ms. Piazza by calling 530-633-3100 x224.

Can I change my schedule?
Schedule changes are only available during certain times of the year unless there are extenuating circumstances.
Schedule Change Request Form - Click Here

Am I on track for graduation?
Graduation requirements can be viewed by Clicking Here.
If you have any other questions, please make an appointment with your counselor.

How do I get into the college I want?
Each college may have its own requirements so going to the specific college website is important. You can also access some general College Planning Information by Clicking Here.

Can I take college classes while still in high school?
For information on the ways to get college credit while still in high school, Click Here.
For information about our Early College Access "Pirates at SEA" program, Click Here.

How can I get scholarships for college?
All of our scholarship information can be found in a Google Doc by Clicking Here.

How can I get a copy of my transcript?
Unofficial transcripts can be requested from any staff person. For an Official Transcript, please complete THIS FORM and email it to our Registrar Mrs. Calta at rcalta@wheatlandhigh.org. You may also contact our registrar at 530-633-3100 x110 to request transcripts. The cost is $3 per copy; cash or check are accepted. 

Who is my counselor?
Any staff person is able to look a student up to find out who their counselor is, but it is best to contact Ms. Piazza - the Academic Technician/Receptionist in the Counseling Center. She can also help you set up an appointment. Ms. Piazza can be reached by Email Here.

Who do I talk to about Collegiate Sport requirements in High School?
"Coach G" (Garrett White) is trained to assist student-athletes to navigate the system of requirements in high school to be eligible for playing collegiate sports. Come see Coach G in the CTE/C Center or Email him here to arrange for an appointment. Mr. Jorrin, our Lead Counselor can also assist with this.

Possible Mental Health Resources:
Please check with your local insurance carrier for approved providers.

Kaiser Permanente
1600 Eureka
Roseville, CA 95661
(916) 784-4000

Sutter Roseville
1 Medical Plaza 1st Floor

Roseville, CA 95661
(916) 781-1800

Sutter Yuba Mental Health
1965 Live Oak Blvd.

Yuba City, CA 95991
(530) 673-8255

UC Davis Children's Hospital
2315 Stockton Blvd.

Sacramento, CA 95817
(800) UCD-4KIDS
(916) 734-2011 [24-hour operator]

If you have MediCal please call (530) 673-8255 or 1-800-923-3800 for additional referrals and resources.