1) TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENT 240 CREDITS
5 credits per semester are given for each course passed with a pass (P) or D– or better. There are two semesters in the school year. Students generally can earn 60-70 credits for each year. In 4 years, students must accumulate 240 credits.
2) SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS:
ENGLISH 40 CREDITS (4 YEARS)
Students are required to be enrolled in an English class for the 9th thru 12th grades.
- 9th grade English I: 10 credits
- 10th grade English II/ Honors Eng II: 10 credits
- 11th grade English III/ A.P. Language & Arts: 10 credits
- 12th grade English IV/ A.P. Literature & Comp: 10 credits
MATH 30 CREDITS (3 YEARS)
Must pass three consecutive years of standards based math; 1 year of Integrate Math 1 or Algebra I
PHYSICAL EDUCATION 20 CREDITS (2 YEARS)
Students will be to be enrolled in PE in the 9th and 10th grade PE.
SCIENCE 30 CREDITS (3 YEARS)
Includes one course in life science and one in physical science. Select one course from each list:
- Life Science: Biology, AG Biology, Human Anatomy, Ag Animal Science,Ag Plant and Soil Science,Biology 10L
- Physical Science: Chemistry,Honors Chemistry, Chem and Agriscience, Physics, Honors Physics, Robotics Engineer, Principle of Engineering, Aero Engineer, Forensics, Engineering Design and Development.
SOCIAL SCIENCE 40 CREDITS
- 9th grade Geography/Health: 10 credits
- 10th grade World History: 10 credits
- 11th grade U.S. History or A.P U.S. History: 10 credits
- 12th grade Civic/Economics or A.P Gov/Politics: 10 credits
FINE ARTS/FOREIGN LANGUAGE/CTE (1 YEAR) IN COURSES LISTED BELOW:
Art I/ Advanced Art A Cappella Choir Farm Equipment ROP /Adv
Ceramics/Advanced Ceramics Chorus Construction Art ROP/B
Symphonic Band Color Guard Advanced Welding ROP
3-D Digital Art/Adv Beginning Instrument Culinary 1/2
Jazz Drama Performance 21st Century Yearbook Design
Drumline Spanish I,II, III, IV Art and History of Floral
Advanced Floral Design
ELECTIVES 70 CREDITS