INTERDISTRICT STUDENT TRANSFER (OUT OF DISTRICT) PROCESS
a. Interdistrict agreement request forms can be downloaded from the WUHS website or copies are available in the WUHS Main Office. Click on the hyperlinks to access the board policy and administrative regulations regarding Interdistrict Attendance:
b. The original request form is forwarded to the Principal’s office.
c. A copy of the request form is forwarded to the Superintendent.
2. A parent meeting is scheduled with the Principal to discuss the interdistrict transfer request.
3. If the request is approved, the Principal will mark the approval box on the bottom of the form and forward to the Registrar.
4. In the event that an interdistrict transfer request is denied, the parents may appeal the decision to the district Superintendent within 30 days of the date of the denial letter.
5. If an appeal is received within 30 days of the initial denial notification, a meeting will be scheduled with the district Superintendent. Failure of a parent/guardian to meet any timelines established by the district shall be deemed an abandonment of the request.
6. The Superintendent will issue a final decision in writing to the parent/guardian within 30 calendar days of receiving the appeal.
7. The district Superintendent or designee shall, in writing, notify the parents/guardians of their right to appeal to the County Board of Education within 30 calendar days from the date of the final denial.
8. If the transfer request is for a school year that begins within fifteen (15) calendar days of the receipt of the request, the Principal/Assistant Principal shall notify the parent/guardian of the decision within 30 calendar days of receiving the request. If the transfer request is for a school year that begins more than fifteen (15) calendar days after the receipt of the request, the parent/guardian shall be notified of the decision as soon as possible, but no later than fourteen (14) calendar days after the commencement of instruction during that school year.
9. All notices to parents/guardians regarding the district’s decision on any request for interdistrict transfer shall conform to the translation requirements of Education Code 48985, and may be provided by regular mail, electronic format if the parent/guardian provides an email address, or by any other method normally used to communicate with parents/guardians in writing.
10. Interdistrict transfer agreements must be reapplied for annually.