Freshman Year Planner
- Plan the high school courses you will be taking for all four years with your advisor.
- Set academic goals, and begin your first year of high school with good study habits, such as:
- Set aside a regular time to study every night.
- Find a quiet place to study without interruption.
- Treat your homework as a part-time job. (If you do a little every night, you won't be overwhelmed with assignments!)
- Become involved in extracurricular activities (clubs, athletics, student government, etc.)
- Begin compiling a list of activities in which you participate, awards you receive, offices held, volunteer work and report them to your advisor. Record these in your "Career Planning Folder."
- Set aside money for college regularly. Ask your parents to find out about scholarships through their employers.
- Talk to your high school counselor about becoming a member of the California Scholarship Federation (CSF). CSF is a statewide organization that promotes academic achievement.