2018-19 Student Athletic Packet
Eligibility and Participation
Please review our athletic packet at the link above for full eligibility requirements.
You must have at least a 2.0 GPA and making positive progress toward graduation in order to participate. This takes effect seven (7) days after each quarter grading period is completed.
- Explanation of Eligibility and Courses Available for Eligibility: GPA, for purposes of eligibility, are determined by total of grade points earned divided by the number of courses enrolled in. A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1, F = 0. Summer school or community college grades are acceptable. If in the same class, both grades will remain on the transcript and the grades will be average to determine eligibility.
- Probation: All student athletes may petition the Athletic Director and upon final approval of the Principal, be allowed one time per year, a probationary period during their four year high school career.
- End of Freshmen year: 60 credits
- End of Sophomore year: 120 credits
- End of Junior year: 180 credits
- Freshman Eligibility: Incoming freshmen with a GPA below 2.0, based on the final grading period of their 8th grade year, will be placed on probation for the 1st quarter of their freshmen year. Please remember, students are allowed only one probationary period per school year.
All students, regardless of previous status must meet the new requirements to be eligible by the first quarter and all grading periods thereafter.